[texbirds] White-winged Scoters at BNC 2/15/14

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 19:18:59 -0500 (EST)

As has been previously stated the White-winged Scoters were at there normal
 spot this afternoon around 2:30 - 2:45. Around that time a boat came by a
little  to close and they jumped and flew down the shore towards the Scott's
Bay  overlook. If you go looking for them and they are not at Wooster Point
I would  check the overlook area. I also was unable to find the
Clay-colored Sparrow  which I was told was actually last seen just past the "Y"
in the
road towards  San Jacinto Point hanging around with a small flock of Savanah
Sparrows.. There  were 100+ Boy Scouts out there picking up trash so it
could have been pushed  some where else. The Boy Scouts did a wonderful job by
the way.

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County