[texbirds] White River Lake CBC

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:12:43 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
The White River Lake Christmas Bird Count is still in rather desperate need of
counters - we currently have only six folk to cover the circle and we usually
have ten to fourteen.  I have attempted to compensate by reducing the number of
areas to four, instead of five, but that has left two teams with but a single
member.

This count promises to be quite interesting as relatively mild weather has
permitted many birds to remain in our area rather later than usual, we are
experience irruptive events across several groups of birds, and the ongoing
drought has made the few remaining bodies of water in the region - such as
White River Lake - highly attractive to a very diverse group of birds.

If you are interested in filling out one of the teams - or helping me to
resplit back out to five areas - please get in touch with me at
terrverts@xxxxxxxxx or at 806-252-1213.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock