[texbirds] Western Kingbirds in Houston

  • From: Alisa Kline <abkline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:21:39 -0500

Not sure if this is unusual, but it is the first time in almost 30 years that I
have Western Kingbirds in my yard (two miles west of downtown). I think they
might be breeding. Saw what I think was a juvenile begging to be fed. Big red
gape. But it has been so hot, that might have been an adult trying to cool off.
Have seen four birds at one time.

Alisa Kline
HoustonEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at