[texbirds] WW Doves in Pearland Taking Over

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:49:42 -0500 (EST)

I have witnessed a dearth of Mourning and EC Doves this year, being totally
displaced by White Winged Doves. On any day this past winter (past, maybe not
yet?), I could see up to 250 WW doves hanging around my house, and no Mourning
Doves, no Eurasian Collared Doves, and certainly no Inca Doves.

Early this AM (around 3 AM), I heard the cooing of several WW Doves coming from
the Live Oaks in my front yard; this chorus went on until about 7 AM.  Does
this mean that the WW Doves will be nesting in my yard soon?

Mira M. Pellerin