[texbirds] Very Pale GHOW

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:51:29 -0600

our skins thinking it a dirty Snowy.  The bird was in nothing but 2-3 high
widely open creosote and tarbush with some thin patches of grasses, Mostly
DAPU7 and MUPO2...It flushed and we had looks at this super pale owl.  This
is a follow-up to the recent discussion of the pale bird at Balmorhea.
There was nothing taller than 4' for perhaps 3-4 miles so "our" bird was
always going back to the ground....Private/unapproved cameras are
forbidden where we had it , but I would loved to have got a photo, but the
approved camera was with another crew.
--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist