[texbirds] Van Zandt county birds today

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 22:35:13 -0600

I birded county roads around Edgewood and Lake Tawakoni this morning. Ducks
were the main highlight, with approximately 1500 birds of 15 species,
mostly at Edgewood City Lake, the Van Zandt County boat ramp and Tanglewood
Marina. There were 170 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks along CR 3105 west of
Edgewood, 90 American Wigeons and 100 Redheads at the Edgewood City Lake,
350 Northern Shovelers at the Van Zandt county boat ramp, 12 Common
Goldeneyes at Holiday Marina and 2 Hooded Mergansers on a pond on FM 2475,
near FM 47. I had a Brown Creeper at Edgewood City Lake and 4 Rusty
Blackbirds in Edgewood.
Peter Barnes
Tyler