[texbirds] Utley Nature Notes 5-5-2013 Snake Charmer etc.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, roger freeman <carrotguy55@xxxxxxxxx>, Kelly Bryan <Kelly.b.Bryan@xxxxxxxxx>, Richard and Tammy <meso530@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 22:06:02 -0500

*************************************************************************************************************
  The utmost highlight of the afternoon and evening was listening to a
Gray-cheeked Thrush singing away in the brush....OMG that is such a rare
event in Bastrop Co...Not just the seeing it, but the sound of that rare
and beautiful song here that went on and on late this evening...And in
concert with a Swainson's Thrush!  What a true joy. (photos below)....Other
highlights included 8 warbler species including a Mourning Warbler as well
a heard only singing  Scarlet Tanager and bright male Rose-breasted
Grosbeak on a snag singing too....I had to complete a survey this morning
so I missed prime time, but I let the critter cams take over the light
work, they take better photos anyway....Check out this snake herp
folks...Eastern or Western or what?  It stared right into the critter cam
for crying out loud.!!  I have not checked the other critter cams as yet
and figure these are enough photos for now.
ttp://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
<http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/>
  I <http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/>If something is good on the
others I will post later...It takes me a while to go thru them and
process.  I can't compete with Susan's wonderful place and I don't get the
visitors, but I love my little homestead and the great birds and animals
that pass thru here.

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/