[texbirds] Upland Sandpiper

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 02:24:13 +0000 (UTC)

I went looking for migrating grasspipers in southern Victoria County today and
found a single migrating Upland Sandpiper. The bird was at the corner of Menke
and Waida roads, near Decosta, east of S.R. 87. The sandpiper was right at the
side of the road and allowed me to get close, unlike most individuals of this
species. Near this area I also found three circling Northern Harriers, a single
Red-tailed Hawk, and several dozen feeding Cattle Egrets. I found no other
migrating shorebirds. A few photos are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/albums/72157657221816005 Bob
BeckerVictoria