[texbirds] Unusual (to me) bird behavior

  • From: Stenmead@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 14:47:36 -0400 (EDT)

Just walked out my back door and froze when I saw a Great Egret 10 feet
from me hunting along one of my "wild" patches.  Wondered what the  bird was
hunting, then with in 30 seconds it nailed a green anole, then  walked to
another patch and again in less than 30 seconds nailed another.   Downed the
anole like a fish, mashing it for a bit, then turning it head down  first to
swallow it.

Anyone else know of Great Egrets hunting anoles?

Stennie Meadours
San Leon