[texbirds] UTC Today

  • From: Michael Austin <mausti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:25:20 -0600

Still present today were: Western Grebe off Thompson's Bait Camp at the end of
Tri-cities Road in Baytown (noon) & 2 Tundra Swans in Shoveler Pond at Anahuac
NWR.

Good other finds for me were FIVE Fulvous Whistling-Ducks near the entrance to
the Skillern Tract @ Anahuac.  Near the elevated observation deck (behind the
restroom), a Say's Phoebe was hawking insects from the top of a bare tree.  Joe
Kennedy told me on a previous visit that a Say's Phoebe had been present all
winter at a corral across FM 1985 from the Tract so presumably this is the same
bird.

Mike Austin,
Friendswood.