[texbirds] Tyler State Park 11-6-14

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 21:17:32 +0000

Howdy All!
Lots of little birds showing up after the big rain. I took a quick turn around
the park after morning  meetings. I had my FOS Golden-crowned Kinglet and
Spotted Towhee. I am going to get out earlier tomorrow morning to see what is
moving. Anyone that wants to join me is perfectly welcome. I'll start a little
after 8am. Just let them know at the front office and I'll come up and meet you.

This Saturday, November 8, I'll be leading a morning bird walk starting at
8:15am and we'll meet at the front office to get started.

Save the date! November 28 we are going to have our 7th Annual "Walk off the
Bird" bird walk. It is designed to get folks away from the Black Friday
insanity and help Tyler SP have a Big Day.

Come on out and join us.

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Nov 6, 2014 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

34 species

Pied-billed Grebe  3

Black Vulture  1

Turkey Vulture  7

Mourning Dove  3

Red-bellied Woodpecker  4

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1

Downy Woodpecker  3

Hairy Woodpecker  2

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)  5

Pileated Woodpecker  3

Eastern Phoebe  2

Blue Jay  4

American Crow  24

Carolina Chickadee  10

Tufted Titmouse  4

White-breasted Nuthatch  2

Brown Creeper  8

House Wren  1

Winter Wren  1

Carolina Wren  8

Golden-crowned Kinglet  2

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  11

Eastern Bluebird  5

American Robin  50

Brown Thrasher  2

Northern Mockingbird  2

Orange-crowned Warbler  5

Pine Warbler  10

Spotted Towhee  1

Chipping Sparrow  30

White-throated Sparrow  22

Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)  8

Northern Cardinal  9

Red-winged Blackbird  2

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders, BBA, CIG
Master Interpreter/Exhibits Coordinator
Tyler State Park
(903)597-5338
Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead)."- Red Green

[tpwd_lbo_logo]<http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/>