[texbirds] Tx-Ornithology (one last time)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:51 -0500

I have been posting this often privately and wish to do so to a wider
audience just one last time instead of individually...If you want to adhere
to the intent of the group which is rather focused (no listing, chase,
backyard, feeders stuff etc.)...This is how you sign on.
Send a note to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in the body of the text type

Subscribe TX-Ornithology  your first name  your last name

send

follow the prompts

  This list is not the free spirited forum of Texbirds...It is not about
common backyard birds, photos of bluebirds in the box, common bird IDs,
chasing a rare bird, photo show and tell, your various trip lists, RFIs for
future trips or birding locations or any sort of listing...

It is confined more to, status, population issues/changes, distribution,
morphology, recent scientific lit. taxonomic issues, nomenclature, ....you
know more sciencey kinda stuff... etc.

I am not the listowner, but can say those are pretty much the ground rules
and there are plenty of crustiers that will jump your bones if you decide
to send in darling photos of the robin pups in your ash tree or post what a
wonderful trip with 50 species you had to Camp Wood:-)  The forum does not
want to entertain simple ID queries, your trip lists, general/simple bird
IDs and lister/chase queries/info, Big Days, discussions on bird
competitions, photography, optics comparisons, cats, Ebird discussions,
RFIs for how or where to bird or find a particular species, cemetery access
discussions or general complaints etc. etc..... those need to go to the
regular Texbird forum where they are better served...
Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   I think I speak for the entire Tx-Orn group here.
OK , This is my last note on accessing Tx-Orn...And as far as Texbirds goes
it is likely off topic anyway.  Keep this note if interested or ask someone
else later about Tx-Orn....Get to the coast in the AM!

Seriously this IS my final note on this. :-)

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas