[texbirds] Corpus Christi Area - Wednesday, April 3rd

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 22:34:31 -0500

Matt Heindel, Keith Bartels & I birded the Corpus Christi area today.  It
was quite birdy.  We birded Pollywog Pond, Calallen Sod Farm, Rosehill
Cemetery, Blucher Park, Packery Channel, Mustang Island, and Port Aransas
(Paradise Pond, Birding Center).

Birds of Note
Cattle Egret - dozens resting in vacant lots and fields near Port Aransas -
obvious migrants
Upland Sandpiper 23 -  Calallen Sod Farm
Franklin's Gull 150 - heading northward
Chuck-will's-widow 5
Eastern Whip-poor-will 1
Chimney Swift 35+ migrating birds
Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 25
Green Kingfisher 1 female Pollywog Pond
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1 Paradise Pond
Acadian Flycatcher 1 - Paradise Pond
Great-crested Flycatcher 10
Western Kingbird 1
Eastern Kingbird 1
White-eyed Vireo 26
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Swainson's Thrush 1 Paradise Pond
Wood Thrush 1 Paradise Pond
Gray Catbird 2
Ovenbird 1
Worm-eating Warbler 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 2
Blue-winged Warbler 1
Black-and-white Warbler 28
Prothonotary Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 14
Nashville Warbler 9
Kentucky Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 3
Hooded Warbler 20
American Redstart 1 male
Northern Parula 27
Yellow Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 75 including 1 Audubon's
Yellow-throated Warbler 5
Black-throated Green Warbler 11
Yellows-breasted Chat 5
Chipping Sparrow 9
Clay-colored Sparrow 8
Field Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 12
Summer Tanager 1
Western Tanager 1 SY Female - Packery Channel
Indigo Bunting 16
Orchard Oriole 26
Pine Siskin 2
Lesser Goldfinch 3