[texbirds] Tule Lake/Joe Fulton Corridor

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds posts" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 15:05:42 -0500

RAIN!!
Oh, well, back to the topic at hand.  I stopped by Tule Lake in Corpus Christi
today and scared a Green Heron out from under the boardwalk.  Also enjoyed
watching the residents ignoring the RAIN!  There were two Yellow-crowned Night
Herons, one posing with wings akimbo, so to speak; one Royal Tern; one Reddish
Egret; about 6 Wilson's Phalaropes flew in as I sat in the gazebo plus lots of
Am. White Pellies, Least and Western Sandpipers, a couple dowitchers, gulls,
white egrets and a family of stilts.

On to Wood Stork Pond (as I call it)  on the Joe Fulton Corridor -- man oh
Manischewitz!  30-ish each of Wood Storks and Roseate Spoonbills, lots of peeps
(though I stayed in the car and did not identify them because it was RAINING!),
stilts, White Ibis, egrets and herons, Mottled Ducks --- all crammed on that
little pond.  What a lovely sight!

Judy Kestner
Corpus Christi