[texbirds] Tropical Parula Santa Ana NWR

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:30:47 -0500

This morning, Ross Rickett and I birded Santa Ana NWR. We has most of the
expected resident birds and 7 warbler species scattered about the Willow
Lake, Chachalaca and Cattails Lake Trails. The highlight was great views of
a singing Tropical Parula on the Chachalaca Trail. It was also nice to see
a male Mourning Warbler on the Chachalaca Trail, 2 Magnolia Warblers and an
American Redstart on the Cattail Lakes Trail, and 10 flycatcher species,
including an Olive-sided and 2 Willow/Alder Flycatchers.

Peter Barnes
Tyler