[texbirds] Trip to South Padre Island and Laguna Atascosa NWR - Monday September 10th

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:53:21 -0500

TexBirders,

On Monday September 10th, Rex and Birgit Stanford and I headed to the coast hoping for fallout caused by the passage of a cold front over the weekend. Birds were reported by Bob Becker on Sunday, but apparently left Sunday night. Monday was very quiet at the Convention Center.

Undaunted, we drove around to the Birding Center and walked the full length of the boardwalk. Lots of birds, butterflies, dragonflies, turtles, and fish! We ended the day at Laguna Atascosa NWR.

Photos from the trip are at:

www.otterside.com/fall2012

Enjoy!

Erik Breden
Harlingen, Texas

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner