[texbirds] The Flight of the Corvids

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:36:58 -0500

Greetings All:
Every year, at about this time, we see a small- to large-scale movement of
American Crows and Chihuahuan Ravens (two species that are not often seen
with Lubbock's Loop 289) over Lubbock. This evening, as I dealt with a
couple of yard chores, I had several small groups of American Crows
(totaling 17 birds) and at least 2 Chihuahuan Ravens fly over my place in
central Lubbock.

With any luck, this will continue through the weekend as I have neither
species for my Clapp Park:Devine Lake competition with Rich Kostecke or my
Canyon Lakes game against my self-set goals.

Fall is in the air.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock