[texbirds] Re: Texas Century Club and (not vs.) eBird

  • From: Brady Surber <supersurber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 08:31:36 -0500

I when I finally started using ebird I too had a huge amount(15-20years) of
back records. Luckily for me, At some point pre-ebird I had the foresight to
make my own excel file with all records of everything I have ever seen. Ebird
can take uploaded excel files in a certain format and load the data that way
removing the need for every single checklist to be  manually entered into
Ebird. Once this is done ebird asks you to show it where your different
locations in the spreadsheet are. It is much quicker to find 20,000 locations
on the ebird map then to enter each bird from 20,000 checklists. By doing this
and being sure to enter every list from whenever I go birding I am able to see
accurately, my county totals.
 Brady Surber
Vernon, TX