[texbirds] Texas CBC Compilers

  • From: Brent Ortego <brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:38:40 -0600

This has been an interesting season with finch invasions, and responses of
birds to continued drought.  We did not have the big eastern push of towhees as
last year.  There were enough rarities to keep things interesting.  Matagorda
County will remain the Number One CBC for species in the Nation and Guadalupe
River Delta will come in at 4th.

I checked the Audubon website this morning and one-half of Texas CBCs has been
finalized by their comilers.  So, the picture above might change when I
eventually see all of the data.

Compilers from 25% of the CBCs have started entering data, and 25% have not
even started.  If observations need documenting, I hope you have the
information in hand because it is too late to start requesting for details on
observations made over one month ago.

Those people enterring data should have noticed Audubon was still fine tuning
their new CBC website.  They have finally finished the programming for state
editors to start enterring edits.  I will be enterring these edits in the next
two weeks if the compilers finish up entering their data and forwarding me
their documentations for unusual birds.  You will know I finished reviewing
your favorite CBC when you check the results on the Audubon Website and see
editorial codes with the rarer observations.

Weather has been nice this weekend and I hope you enjoy the Super Bowl.

Brent Ortego
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Victoria, TX