[texbirds] Re: Tejano Formasa Wetlands in Jackson County

  • From: Ruth <twofried@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 21:24:41 -0500

I should also mention that if you go to Tejano and bird the levee on the NE
corner of the property, please be very careful and watch for a colony of bees.
I was stung twice while there last weekend.  The bees are/were in some thick
vines on the outside edge of the levee as you walk west, about 100 yard down
from where you enter the levee trail from the NE parking area.

These bees seemed a bit aggressive to me and as Brush pointed out, 'bees cause
more animal related deaths in Texas than any other wildlife'.  You definitely
don't want your day spoiled by a bunch of angry bees.

Tejano is a great place to bird so don't let this deter you, just be careful in
this NE corner of the property.  Stay safe and good birding.

Thanks,
Bob Friedrichs
Houston / Palacios