[texbirds] Re: Strange Featherless Cardinal

  • From: Greg Lavaty <greglavaty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is interesting that you posted this.  Here is a similar bird that I
photographed at
Susan Shazler’s property back in 2006.  For some reason I have been getting a
lot of messages from people this
summer who have seen birds with this condition showing up at their
feeders.  Many of them seem to be in the
general San Antonio area.

http://www.pbase.com/dadas115/image/61854981

It would be great to hear what some of the possible causes
of this condition are.

Greg Lavaty
http://www.texastargetbirds.com/
Sugar Land, TX