[texbirds] Re: Snowy Plovers at Windy Point - YES!

  • From: Kenny Anderson <kennya290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 08:33:20 -0500

This Local Patch Challenge is working to get coverage of some areas that
were under-birded.  It's been great to get regular reports from the deeper
water locations in Travis County.  I do wonder what does show up on the low
Lake Travis portion of the Lower Colorado.  Perhaps closer attention to
Snowy Plovers, which may have have bred at the Windy Point two (if memory
is correct) years ago.  They have been successful upstream at the western
shores of the Lake Buchanan portion of the river.
Enjoying the Lake Travis reporting- good photos too,

Kenny Anderson
Austin