[texbirds] Snow Goose arrival

  • From: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:58:07 -0600

Flock of Snow Goose arrived at Anahuac NWR this morning (40). We had seen
Greater White-fronted on Saturday morning.
Several groups of ducks flying in from the bay, the only ones I could ID
were Pintail.
A large raft of Horned Grebe floated just offshore from Frozen Point.

We now have 3 Vermillion Flycatcher, male, female, and juvenile.
Eastern Phoebe are plentiful, too.

Savannah and Seaside Sparrows and Eastern Meadowlark very vocal and very
active.

Counted 7 Northern Harrier on the refuge, including 2 males, with several
more along FM 1985.

4 White-tailed Kites along entrance road and more along FM 1985.

--
Donna Kelly
Home is where you park it!