[texbirds] Slaty-backed Gull, Laredo -- YES

  • From: Holly Reinhard <holly.reinhard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:34:35 -0600

Hello Texbirders,
The Slaty-backed Gull at Lake Casa Blanca SP was just refound around noon
by myself and two birders from San Antonio: Dee Dean and Sue Bayley. The
bird was on the water with the Ring-billed Gulls, and we got very good
looks at it. We were looking from Senator Judith Zaffirini road, about 1/4
of the way to the boat ramp (from the park entrance, turn right). The wind
has gotten very strong, and was pushing the flock of gulls south, which
worked well for us to see from the south shore.

Good birding,

Holly Reinhard
Laredo