[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Feb 20, 2014

  • From: Mark and Joanie Hubinger <mjhubrr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:51:24 -0600

Good Morning Texbirders...the songbirds were few and far between today,
probably due to the Peregrine Falcon flying around Willow Lakes and the
high winds.  There were 9 duck species in Willow/Pintail lakes.  We found
GRAY HAWK at the river, and COMMON PAURAQUE along the Chachalaca Trail.
 Our regular LRGV specialties were at the feeders.
Come out for a walk in the refuge...we'll be ready at 8:30AM Friday &
Saturday.

Mark & Joanie Hubinger
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana NWR