[texbirds] Second Post Attempt and Western Grebe, Laredo

  • From: Holly Reinhard <holly.reinhard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:06:17 -0600

Hello birders,
I joined this listserve about a month ago, but at that time, I tried to
post and it wouldn't let me......However, I've been getting the emails ever
since, so maybe now it will go through.....

I am a native Oregonian, recently graduated from Oregon State University,
who moved to Laredo about a month ago. I am working at Lake Casa Blanca
International State Park here in Laredo, working as the Park Interpreter.

I have been birding quite regularly here in Laredo; my favorite place is
North Central Park. You can see my results from the past month or so on
eBird.

In terms of recent sightings of interest, I have had:

- 1 Western Grebe today at Lake Casa Blanca
- Common Pauraques last night and Wednesday night at LCB
- Harris' Hawk in north Laredo

I have not yet made it over to the Gulf Coast, but I plan to go as soon as
I possibly can, hopefully beginning of December. I would love to join any
birders over there. Please contact me off list if you have tips/want to
meet up!

Good birding,

Holly Reinhard
Laredo, TX