[texbirds] Granger CBC - Saturday, December 29th

  • From: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:18:03 -0600

Texbirders,
This year's Granger Christmas Bird Count (TXGR) will be held on Saturday,
December 29th, 2012. We invite birders of all skill levels to participate.

Granger Lake in Williamson County is approximately 35 miles northeast of
Austin.  This is an important wintering habitat for many prairie species
such as Mountain Plover, longspurs, Burrowing and Short-eared Owl, and
Sprague's Pipit, with 20 species of sparrows documented on the count. The
Granger CBC area offers diverse habitat, and participants will have the
opportunity to count open farmland, fresh water, riparian woodland, and
Blackland Prairie habitat.

I have assumed the role of compiler for the count so please contact me at <
ecarpe@xxxxxxxx> if you are interested in participating.

--
Eric Carpenter
Austin