[texbirds] Scissor-tails

  • From: Ervin Fleming <endersgt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 05:36:24 -0700

Out at Joe Pool Lake again. Where the lake is shallow, there are the usual
number of dead trees sprouting out of the water. The scissor-tails share the
air in this area with the swallows as they go about their bug catching. BUT
Yesterday I noticed 10 or 12 of them perching and then making short dives into
the water. They were favoring one particular area on the water. This behavior
went on for several minutes.  I'm favoring a feeding behavior over an unusual
way to bathe.  So the question once again is......  Have any of you out there
in TV land seen this behavior before?

Tom Fleming
Grand Prairie