[texbirds] Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, Nov 29, 2012 73 Species

  • From: Sunny <sunny_phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:39:11 -0800 (PST)

We had a great bird walk this morning at Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge. I
was joined by 7 birders birding Willow, Pintail and Cattail Lakes.  We saw 73
species, highlighted by the male Mallard, 1 Gray Hawk, 1 Eared Grebe, 1 Merlin
and a "tower" of 15 White-tailed Hawks.  The sight of the White-tailed Hawks
near Pintail Lakes was amazing with many adults.  Happy birding everyone. And I
will be leading bird walks Friday and Saturday morning at 8:30.

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  20
Gadwall  20
American Wigeon  20
Mallard  1