[texbirds] Sandpiper ID Question

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 12:09:34 -0400 (EDT)

The link below is to a Sandpiper I photographed yesterday morning on the
Houston Audubon beach off Retillion Rd. When I first saw them(4) I just
thought  they were Western Sandpipers but after looking at the pictures now I
think they  might have been Semipalmated Sandpipers. I believe that would be a
lifer for me  so I would be interested if anyone either thinks I am right or
wrong. I also put  some other photos on the web site this morning so feel
free to browse. More  photos to come.

http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQ
B#!i=2507616437&k=2f7K8N8

If that link does not work try this one.

http://tinyurl.com/cz55we9
David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers  County