[texbirds] Commons Ford -- Saturday 11th and St. Edwards -- Sunday 12th

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:49:58 -0500

First, I heard Great Horned Owls, so I assume that means they are no longer
babysitting because I haven't heard them for several months.
Last night, I was at Commons Ford Ranch (near Bee Caves). I birded from the
house at the end of the road (before private property) through the field to
the large pecan trees closer to the river.

Eastern Bluebird, Savannah Sparrow, Lark Sparrow, Ash-throated Flycatcher
closer to the building
Philadelphia Vireo
Orchard Oriole (a young male was singing!)
Black-throated Green-warbler
Tennessee Warbler
American Redstart
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Least Flycatcher
Yellow-billed Cuckoo (good views)

This morning, I birded along the creek at St. Edwards Park, with Jane
Tillman and there were many other birders out. The parking lot (pl) and
area where the red and blue trails meet were most productive, willows
quiet. Weird morning, with no vultures or flyover large waders, and I did
not have time to look for waterthrush.

Wilson's Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
American Redstart (pl)
Chesnut-sided Warbler (pl)
Blackburnian Warbler (pl)
Black-throated Green-warbler
Nashville Warbler (pl)
Magnolia Warbler (pl)
Black-and-white Warbler (pl)
Kentucky Warbler (pl, seen briefly but well enough to be confident)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Swainson's Thrush (one singing at pl)
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Eastern Wood-pewee (pl)