[texbirds] Sandhill Crane at Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, Bexar County, Texas

  • From: "Tom & Patsy Inglet" <tpinglet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 06:57:13 -0500

We were scouting the polders and basins for winter ducks and other birds
yesterday morning before our Outdoor Classroom duties (about 8 am) and saw a
single Sandhill Crane standing with some American White Pelicans in Basin
#5. We also had a single male Redhead and a single male American Wigeon in
the northwest corner of Mitchell Lake itself; single Ring-necked Duck on the
West Polder.

Tom & Patsy Inglet

25901 Goldfinch Trail

San Antonio TX 78255-3512