[texbirds] San Antonio Botanical Gardens - 2/10/13

  • From: "Erik Huebner" <ehuebner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:10:36 -0600

Texbirders:

Gary Newgord and I briefly birded San Antonio Botanical Gardens this morning
(9:00 to 10:45 AM). The hummingbirds were very cooperative, with the
Calliope feeding in the Salvias outside of the front gate and the Allen's in
the Old Fashioned Garden, near the feeders. We could not locate the
Hammond's Flycatcher after a thorough search of the lake and surrounding
areas. Several other parties were still trying to locate it when we left - I
have not seen any other reports from today.

Erik Huebner
Austin