[texbirds] Rusty Blackbird- Kingwood, Tx

  • From: Mike Dupree <mdupree8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:32:19 -0600

A single Rusty Blackbird female was associating with several Red-wing
Blackbirds at The Lowlands behind Kingwood's Lonestar College campus this
afternoon. The Lowlands is a small walking trail park. I heard a small group of
blackbirds making their flight calls as they flew over the viewing deck (where
I was photographing a Winter Wren) at approximately 1:15 PM. I watched the
group land and remain perched in the top of a sweetgum tree to the south. The
tree was across the drainage ditch. Small groups of blackbirds were seen in
other parts of the park, but only one Rusty was seen.

Mike Dupree

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at