[texbirds] Roy Guerrero River Park this morning

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maillist" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 14:47:27 -0500

Austin, Texas - North Austin (mostly) Patch
I took my new eyes (following cataract procedures this month) out this morning
for my first serious birding since that started. They're great! And the view
through binocular is spectacular. I birded Roy Guerrero River Park and came up
with 35 species. Not bad, I think, as we head into the summer doldrums. Added
Bell's Vireo after discussing with other birders that I had not seen Bell's at
this location. Now I have. Oddly, no White-eyed Vireos this morning, I think a
first there. Also had both Bewick's and Carolina Wrens, a zillion Cardinals,
Grasshopper Sparrows, and the other usual suspects. The Bell's Vireo brings me
to 219 in my patch to date.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632