[texbirds] Rough-legged Hawk

  • From: Greg Page <gregpage1465@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 17:51:18 -0800 (PST)

Teri Zambon and I went to Galveston to see the Rough-legged Hawk today. It was
where others described it just east of the water tower. Sometimes it hunts in
the grassy field and sometimes it perches on one of the poles. I was able to
get some good photos from a close distance when it perched on a pole.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/8480823832/in/photostream

If you don't see it at first just be patient and it will probably show up. We
were there for about a half an hour before we saw it. Sometimes it perches low
in the grassy area and you can't see it.

Greg Page
Houston