[texbirds] Riata Pond - Austin, Least Grebe

  • From: George Baker <gn_baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 21:16:55 -0700 (PDT)

Texbirders,

Had a few minutes of free time this afternoon, so I took advantage and birded
around Riata Pond in northwest Austin. Had a nice assortment of ducks (Northern
Shovelor, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Redhead, and Ring-neck Duck), lots of
White-throated and Song Sparrows and oodles of Cedar Waxwings, but the best
bird for me was a nice Least Grebe. I've had these at other locations in Austin
but this is my first record at Riata Pond. I'm curious if anyone has seen Least
Grebes at Triangle Pond lately?

Noreen Baker
Austin