[texbirds] Red Crossbill continues in Marathon

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:41:54 -0600

As Matt and Alton were swapping notes on the Williamson's Sapsucker
(it is one tree over, apparently), I was ogling a female Red Crossbill
in the yard, #101 for the Double Bacon. It has been doing a circuit
around the block every 10-15 mins or so since 12:50 and heading 1-2
blocks south, 1 block west, 1-2 blocks north, 1-2 blocks east, and
repeat. Incessant calling means we've been able to sit on the porch
and basically keep tabs on it as long as the wind isn't too strong.

Whew. Not a bad morning for Marathon!

Happy trails,
-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain