[texbirds] Raven in Tom Bass Park Area, Harris County

  • From: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:05:33 -0600

Yesterday I was out in my backyard across the beltway from Tom Bass
Park when I heard some crows flying over. They were "escorting" a
large black bird, much larger than themselves with a rounded, spade
shaped tail. I'm sure this bird was a raven but was unable to
determine the species. I've not had time to check, but the picnic
areas at Tom Bass Park might be worth checking for it. It was headed
that direction.

--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX