[texbirds] RFI-spring migration in Texas

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:53:30 -0600

Hello Texbirders,
Since I get to stay local this spring, I want to take advantage and
experience spring migration in its full glory.  I would like to know more
about the spring migration pattern in the state, so I can optimize my
weekends.  Do migrants show up earlier in some spots than others?  I am in
San Antonio, so Paradise Pond in Port Aransas would be my default weekend
getaway.  Are there advantages to going further afield: to South Padre
Island, Lafitte's Cove in Galveston, or High Island?  I also am playing
with a new camera (Lumix FZ200 with an F2.8 zoom out to 24x) so what is
everyones choice of best place to photograph migrants up close?

V/R,
Graham Floyd
San Antonio