[texbirds] RFI Angelina NF

  • From: MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 17:48:01 -0500 (EST)

Greetings, Texbirders!

This won't be happening until late April, but I plan on doing a whiz bang
spring trip from the desert to the coast, spending one morning in Angelina
NF  hoping for Red-cockaded Woodpecker and Bachman's Sparrow (and whatever
else  shows up).  I'll only have the morning (and that's a big place), so I'm
wondering if one road might be better than another to bird BBS-style and
pick up  these two at least (and by ear is fine).  I just ordered the official
 forest map, so I should have something with good detail to go by.  I'll be
 spending the previous night in Lufkin, and then driving in to Winnie that
night.

Thanks for any feedback you can give!  Take care,

MB
Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX
_www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com/)