[texbirds] Quintana May 3rd: Cape Mays, Black-throated Blue, Blackpolls, Bay-breasted and More

  • From: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 18:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

TexBirders,

We have had some good warblers with many hanging in since Tues when no less
than
3 Black-throated Blues and 2 Cape Mays showed up.  Today, we had 11 species of
warblers with 3 Caep Mays (1 male), Black-throated Blue (male), two Blackpolls
(males), Bay-breasted (male) and several others.  Both Gray-cheeked Thrush and
Veery were also seen today at the NBS.

Great shorebirds have been present all spring at the intersection of FM2004 and
CR 227.  This is part of Brazoria NWR and has had Hudsonian Godwits in the 10
20 range for the last two days.  Look for the deep water in the rice fields
there.  Also many White-rumps and Wilson's Phalaropes.

Ron Weeks
Lake Jackson