[texbirds] Quintana, 4/21/13

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:30:19 -0500

TexBirders,

Mike Williams kindly provided me a list from Quintana today. The female
Western Tanager remains as does a very cooperative Veery. 11 species of
warbler including Tennessee, Northern Parula, Yellow, Bay-breasted,
Blackpoll, Black-and-white, Redstart, Prothonotary, Northern Waterthrush,
Common Yellowthroat, Chat.

Other species seen included:
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Common Nighthawk
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Eastern Kingbird
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
White-eyed Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Swainson's Thrush
Veery
Gray Catbird
Summer Tanager
Scarlet Tanager
Western Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting
Painted Bunting
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole

Sue

Susan A. Heath, Ph.D.
Avian Conservation Biologist
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 W. Hwy 332
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
979-480-0999
Join us in our quest to study and conserve birds and their habitat around
the Gulf of Mexico.
www.gcbo.org
Sign-Up for our monthly E-News Letter
http://www.gcbo.org/default.aspx/MenuItemID/205/MenuGroup/Home.htm