[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan 9-28-13

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 11:05:59 -0500

Hello Texbirders,
With most of the warblers and other migrants brought down by that cool
front last week gone, I was expecting a quieter morning, and was pleasantly
surprised by a few nice birds for QM.

The American Robin continues to hang around the park (a local interest,
especially for this Valley boy who didn't grow up with Robins!). I'm
assuming it is the same bird, and it has been fun to see the plumage
changes from when it was seen in August to now.

August 10th: http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/9477573867/

September 28th: http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/9982925413/

Other than that, Clay-colored Thrushes are abundant, Green and Belted
Kingfisher were around Ruby Pond, and Couch's Kingbirds appear to be
gathering into small flocks. Full list below.

Starting in October bird walks are offered Tuesday and Saturday mornings.

Quinta Mazatlan WBC (LTC 063), Hidalgo, US-TX
Sep 28, 2013 8:30 AM - 10:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
35 species (+1 other taxa)