[texbirds] Pre-front in Port O'Connor

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:23:22 -0500

.
   Got a late start this morning,  Only did a short walk around,  The
humidity was awesome and within minutes I was drenched and feeling a bit
drained..  There was not much of note except a nice Chestnut-sided,  The
sunflowers held the most bird as Mel had mentioned the other day from SPI.

  Regarding the tagged Frigatebirds John mentioned, when this start?  I
looked at every Frigate I saw this morning and saw nothing, but recall a
bird from last year that appeared to have maybe had one of these tags.  I
wrote it off as bird poop on the wing at the time and distance.

  This morning's small collection of migrants
Blue-winged Teal 40+ flying out over the bay
Ruby-throats...100+ everywhere.
E. Wood-Pewee 2
Traill's Empid 1
G.C. Flycatcher 1
B. G. Gnatcatcher 2
R. C. Kinglet 1
House Wren 1
G. Catbird 1 (HO)
Nashville 1, Wilson's 1, Chestnut-sided 1, Am. Redstart 2, C. Yellowthroat
2, Y. B. Chat 1 (HO)
Indigo Bunting 7
Painted Bunting 1

  Hopefully the front will dry the air and allow for increased diversity

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas