[texbirds] Possible Second Brown booby at Baytown Nature Center - 10 AM

  • From: "Dwayne Litteer" <DLLitteer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:50:59 -0500

I saw what I believe to be a second Brown Booby at the Baytown Nature Center
this morning at 10 am.   Two booby’s were flying together in close formation
around the power line towers.  The first was the same Brown booby that has
been in this area for over two weeks.   Following closely behind this bird
was a second bird with the same overall shape and approx. size.   The second
bird was dark brown on top like the first bird, but on the underside it was
grayish-white, not bright white like the first bird.   The bill on the
second bird was not as light colored and did not stand out like the first
bird.   I am thinking the second bird is a Juvenile Brown Booby.  The two
birds finally landed together and perched way out on the 5th power line
tower and were partially hidden from view by the structure.  Need someone
with more experience to confirm that second bird is also a Brown Booby.

Dwayne Litteer
Baytown, TX