[texbirds] Re: Poert O'Connor myth buster

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:33:40 -0500

Last year very early in the Watch I observed two Swallow-tailed Kites crossing
Galveston Bay from Smith point at fairly wide points in the Bay. They were not
streaming from the top of a thermal, but just powered flight coming fairly low
down the peninsula and going straight across. They didn't seem to be at all
intimidated by the Bay and did not hesitate. I would estimate height at about
50-75 feet the whole way.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632