[texbirds] Piddling birding in Cen-Tex

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:06:18 -0500

Finally the wind has shifted back to the south so hopefully no more strong
north wind stuff for a while, if ever.  The south winds did to push lots of
passerine migrant stuff out but it brought back the raptors etc.  Had a
nice kettle of Anhingas this morn as well as my FOS Franklin's Gulls (I
know am running late on those) that were hard to miss.   A couple of Indigo
Buntings and a Y. B. Cuckoo were nice.  An early morning unseen fart in the
sky was either a Dickcissel or Blue Grosbeak, but I only heard it twice
given it was likely drowned out by all the Uplands :-) Just the normal
passerine migrants otherwise...Well my FOS spring Wilson's
Warbler.....oooooo!  And the Nashvilles are back.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/