[texbirds] Re: Cameron Co: Common Gallinule with Young - 7 April 2014

  • From: "Rex Stanford" <calidris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <valleybirders@xxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:49:50 -0500

Michael and TEXBIRDS folks:

Thanks, Michael. You woke us up in regard to the significance of a recent
observation, which, fortunately, led us to take photos. On March 19, 2014,
also at a wetland at Rangerville in Cameron County, we spotted and
photographed (multiple close-up photos) an adult Common Gallinule with 7
young. (We briefly saw a second adult with them, but that individual
disappeared into vegetation before photos could be had.) This date for such
an observation seemed early to us, but we had no information on the earliest
documented date relative to young (or eggs).

Should our documentation/photos be sent to the TBRC (or to whom)?

Thanks, again, Michael.

Rex and Birgit Stanford
McAllen, TX