[texbirds] Pewee re-found Saturday at 9:30 am

  • From: paul sellin <pjsellin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 11:44:49 -0700 (PDT)

Terry Balwin and I re-found and photographed the Pewee between 9:30 and 9:55 am
in the picnic area at the south end of Sullins Way in Bear Creek Park.  The
bird was hawking inside the southermost tip of the picnic area loop.  It flew
off to the west past the treeline at around 10 am.  To my knowledge the six or
eight other birders who came later did not re-find the bird as of 11:30 am, nor
did Terry or I.

Thanks, Jim Hinson, for posting the great finding and to Greg Page for
the superb photos.  I may post some pictures from Terry and me later to show
some other viewing angles on the bird.

Paul Sellin
SW Houston